I trust you are successfully navigating these interesting days.
We have all been transitioning to online services and building virtual communities. For our Movement, it’s never about how we maintain but how can we lead the church to flourish and grow in this environment.
Here are some questions I would love for you to discuss with another pastor by the end of the week:-
- How are we connecting new people?
- How are we discipling new believers?
Some resources to help:-
- Alpha online
- ‘Lead Pastors Momentum Central’ on Facebook with Michael Murphy
Before too long we will have weighed the pros and cons for this question, ‘What will we continue doing that we weren’t before, once this shut down is over?’
Here is the latest directive from the Queensland Health Department to churches:-
Places of worship, weddings and funerals:-
- Weddings with a maximum attendance of 5 people being the celebrant, couple and two witnesses with no more than one person per 4 square metres.
- Funerals attended by a maximum of 10 people with no more than one person per 4 square metres, except if an exemption is granted on compassionate grounds by the Chief Health Officer. The person conducting the funeral service is in addition to the 10 attendees.
- Live streaming of a wedding or funeral may be conducted with the maximum number of people outlined above.
- Any other service at a place of worship may be live streamed if the service is conducted by no more than 5 people including the camera operator, with social distancing observed.
Continuing to mention you in our prayers!
John and Francine Hunt
ACC QLD/NT: State President